Returning Student Checklist
Welcome Back! The following checklist will assist you in returning to South Puget Sound Community College after an absence of two or more quarters.
- Step 1: Apply for Admission
- The Web Admissions Center is an easy way to submit your application online.
- If you choose not to apply online, come in to see Enrollment Services in Building 25 to fill out the paper version of the application.
- Applications for Admission to South Puget Sound Community College are reviewed and processed by Enrollment Services. We process applications according to the schedule below. Applicants will receive an email confirmation from Enrollment Services within 3-5 business days during the application period. Processing may take longer during peak registration times.
What Quarter do you want to start? Applications will be processed starting: Quarter Begins Fall 2014 January 2014 September 22, 2014 Winter 2015 July 2014 January 5, 2015 Spring 2015 September 2014 April 6, 2015 Summer 2015 January 2015 July 1, 2015
- Step 2: Activate Your College Email Account
- After receiving notification of Admission, you will receive an email to activate your @my.spscc.edu email account. SPSCC communicates student specific information via email only through the student’s @my.spscc.edu account. Make sure you activate and log in regularly so you do not miss receiving critical information. Questions? Contact the IT help desk at 360.596.5544.
- Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
- All Students should apply for Financial Aid even if they do not think that they will qualify. Financial Aid program requirements vary but the only way to know if you qualify is to apply. Visit the Financial Aid (/admissions/funding/finaid) section of the website to learn more.
- Step 4: Advising & Registration
- If you need assistance from an Advisor to select courses or to get help in using the online registration system you will need to attend a New Student Advising and Registration Session (NSAR). If you feel confident that you can register for courses without the assistance of an Advisor then you can fill out the Returning Student Activation form. You can get more information about NSAR and the Activation form on the Returning Student Activation Page.