South Puget Sound Community College Foundation offers 100's of scholarships to students attending our college. Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office in the beginning of March and due back mid-April. South Puget Sound Foundation Scholarships are currently closed for the 2014-2015 year.
- Scholarship opportunities are listed here
- Students may access scholarship information through websearches.
- Morris Udall Scholarship. This scholarship targets sophomore students who are committed to careers in tribal health, tribal public policy, or the environment. Applications are due February 25, 2015. Information to apply is available here
- Governors' Scholarship. The Washington State Governors’ Scholarship for Foster Youth helps young men and women from foster care continue their education and earn a college degree. The program has been supported by the current and former governors in Washington state. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 12, 2015, and has a March 9, 2015, deadline. Application information is available at here
- The Leadership 1000 Scholarship provides college scholarships to students who will be attending an eligible four-year college or university in Washington state. A Leadership 1000 Scholarship can be customized around a general set of requirements requested by the donor. This scholarship ranges from $2,000- $4,000 and is renewable for up to five years. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 12, 2015, and has a March 9, 2015, deadline.Application information is available here
The Washington State Opportunity Scholarship (WSOS) supports low- and middle-income students pursuing eligible, high-demand majors in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) or health care. This scholarship ranges from $2,500-$7,500 and is renewable up to five years based on credits completed and continued eligibility. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 5, 2015, and has a March 2, 2015 deadline. Additional information here
- Scholarship for the Arts, the Horse and a Whole Lot More! The Scholarship for the Arts, the Horse and a Whole Lot More! This scholarship is upto 2,500 per year and is available to Washington State resident(s) OR student(s) attending a Washington State school who wish to pursue a recognized art program at a college, university or art school. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage artists, not limited to equine artists, and to support the arts in general. The scholarship is sponsored by the Washington Thoroughbred Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, in conjunction with the Equine Art Committee. Application due April 1, 2015 and information available at http://www.raceforeducation.org/scholarships/
- Uber Partner Drive Scholarship this scholarship supports current Uber partner drivers attending, or planning to attend, college so they can achieve their greatest potential through education. There will be ten $2,500 scholarships awarded for one year only to selected applicants who will be attending an eligible two -or four-year college or university in Washington state. Application is due no later than March 9, 2015. Application information available here
- Next Step Scholarship- This scholarship highlights our top students at SPSCC who plan to transfer to the University of Washington, Tacoma campus. This is a two year scholarship valued at $12,000! Additional information is available here and applications are due no later than April 7, 2015.
- Harstine Island Women's Club & Chase Memorial Scholarship. The Harstine Island Women’s Club is accepting scholarship applications from Harstine Island residents of any age graduating from or having graduated from an accredited High School or who have obtained a diploma from an accredited High School program by August 2015. Applications are due on April 13, 2015. Additional Information here and application available here
WashBoard - The Washington Scholarship Coalition, comprised of public and private organizations has launched theWashBoard.org, to make it easier for Washington students to efficiently find and apply for relevant scholarship opportunities. www.washboard.org
If you have questions, you may contact the Financial Aid Office at (360) 596-5234 or email Kerri Chaput at