South Puget Sound Community College Foundation offers 100's of scholarships to students attending our college. Applications are available in the Financial Aid Office in the beginning of March and due back mid-April. Foundation Scholarships are on a once a year cycle. South Puget Sound Foundation Scholarships are currently closed for the 2014-2015 year.
- Scholarship opportunities are listed here
- Students may access scholarship information through websearches. Click here for a list of websites.
See External Scholarships for additional Information.
- The Association of the United States Army is offering a scholarship to enlisted soldiers currently serving in the active Army, Army Reserve or National Guard and honorably discharged enlisted soldiers. The candidate must be seeking a degree in engineering or related field, such as computer science. I stumbled upon this information and thought it could be a benefit to some of our military/veteran students. Scholarship is due July 1st and application material here.
- The American Welding Society is dedicated to meeting the needs for education and research in the field of welding and related joining technologies. Online application and information available at www.scholarships.aws.org
- The Association of Washington Community and Technical College Administrators and Exempt Staff. This scholarship is intended to support community and technical college graduates who will continue their academic studies. The scholarship is worth $1,200 and is due May 12th. More information is available here at https://sbctc.instructure.com/courses/962721/wiki/building-our-future-scholarship
- Washington State Business and Professional Women's Foundation Educational Scholarships. Scholarship is due on May 1, 2014. Application and information available at www.bpwwa.org , click on Foundation and then Scholarship applications.
- Washington State Home and Community Educators- Women in Transition Scholarship. Four $1,000 scholarships available for woman, 25 and older, who have a defined plan to continue their education to improve the possibilites for advancement or train for a new career. Scholarship is due on May 1, 2014 and more information available here.
- Washington Women in Need (WWIN) is a nonprofit organization that provides education and health care grants to low-income women in the state of Washington to help them improve their lives. Prospective applicants should visit the WWIN website for additional information and to submit an application. Applications are due on May 30th
- Zonta Club of Olympia- Jane Klausman Scholarship. This scholarship provides support for women pursuing degrees in business leading to a business management career and demonstrating outstanding potential in the field. The winning applicant will receive $1,000 and a chance to compete for additional scholarships within Zonta District 8 and international levels. This scholarship is due on May 31st. Information to apply available here
Avoid Scholarship Scams with these telltale signs…
- The scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.
- You can't get this information anywhere else.
- I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship.
- We'll do all the work.
- The scholarship will cost some money.
- You've been selected by a 'national foundation' to receive a scholarship’ or ‘You're a finalist,’ in a contest you never entered.
To file a complaint, or for free information, students or parents should call 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or visit: www.ftc.gov/scholarshipscams