Outside or External Scholarship Opportunities
Cascade Restoration Services will give back to Washington state by awarding a $1000 scholarship to students pursuing their post-secondary education at a state of Washington college or trade school. We believe by encouraging students to advance their education beyond high school we can improve our state as these individuals enter the workforce, better educated and better prepared to give back to their own local communities. See more at: http://cascaderestorationservices.com/scholarship Deadline is June 15, 2015
- City University of Seattle Transfer Scholarship. Scholarship valued at $10,800. Application information and directions available here
- Donald D. Frizzell Scholarship This scholarship is named in memory of Donaldson D. Frizzell, former First Command Educational Foundation (FCEF) President and former First Command Financial Services Director of Investments, whose dedication to serving others and contributions to the field force spanned three decades. The scholarship is open to; members of the U.S. uniformed services (active, guard, reserve, and retired) and their spouses and dependents, First Command Financial Services’ clients and their families, dependent family members of First Command Advisors and field office staff members, and non-contractual ROTC students. Application information is available here and due on April 2, 2015 or until FCEF receives 500 applications, whichever comes first.
- Governors' Scholarship. The Washington State Governors’ Scholarship for Foster Youth helps young men and women from foster care continue their education and earn a college degree. The program has been supported by the current and former governors in Washington state. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 12, 2015, and has a March 9, 2015, deadline. Application information is available at here
- Harstine Island Women's Club & Chase Memorial Scholarship. The Harstine Island Women’s Club is accepting scholarship applications from Harstine Island residents of any age graduating from or having graduated from an accredited High School or who have obtained a diploma from an accredited High School program by August 2015. Applications are due on April 13, 2015. Additional Information here and application available here
- The Leadership 1000 Scholarship provides college scholarships to students who will be attending an eligible four-year college or university in Washington state. A Leadership 1000 Scholarship can be customized around a general set of requirements requested by the donor. This scholarship ranges from $2,000- $4,000 and is renewable for up to five years. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 12, 2015, and has a March 9, 2015, deadline.Application information is available here
- Next Step Scholarship- This scholarship highlights our top students at SPSCC who plan to transfer to the University of Washington, Tacoma campus. This is a two year scholarship valued at $12,000! Additional information is available here and applications are due no later than April 7, 2015.
- Northwest Journalists of Color Scholarship- For nearly 30 years, the Northwest Journalists of Color have coordinated scholarships for aspiring journalists of color. The NJC’s members belong to the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA), Black Journalists Association of Seattle (BJAS), National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) and the Native American Journalists Association (NAJA). In 2006 NJC established an endowment to support scholarships. Since 1983, the NJC
and AAJA have given more than $150,000 in scholarships. Scholarship information is available here and due no later than May 3, 2015.
- A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship: Five $1000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology, physical or occupational therapy, speech pathology or long-term care administration. Deadline April 15, 2015. Essay topic and details found at www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
- Scholarship for the Arts, the Horse and a Whole Lot More! The Scholarship for the Arts, the Horse and a Whole Lot More! This scholarship is upto 2,500 per year and is available to Washington State resident(s) OR student(s) attending a Washington State school who wish to pursue a recognized art program at a college, university or art school. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage artists, not limited to equine artists, and to support the arts in general. The scholarship is sponsored by the Washington Thoroughbred Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, in conjunction with the Equine Art Committee. Application due April 1, 2015 and information available at http://www.raceforeducation.org/scholarships/
- Veterans Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness Scholarship will be offering a $1,000 scholarship to students who are either seniors in high school or freshmen or sophomores in college. The scholarship is intended to help defray the costs of attending college. Children of Veterans are encouraged to apply, but a relationship to a Veteran is not necessary to win this scholarship. Scholarship information available at http://mesothelioma.net/scholarship-guidelines/ and applications are due on May 31,2015.
- Uber Partner Drive Scholarship this scholarship supports current Uber partner drivers attending, or planning to attend, college so they can achieve their greatest potential through education. There will be ten $2,500 scholarships awarded for one year only to selected applicants who will be attending an eligible two -or four-year college or university in Washington state. Application is due no later than March 9, 2015. Application information available here
- WashBoard - The Washington Scholarship Coalition, comprised of public and private organizations has launched theWashBoard.org, to make it easier for Washington students to efficiently find and apply for relevant scholarship opportunities. www.washboard.org
- Webucator Scholarships for Computer Science Students. Webucator's Scholarships aim to support students who are studying Computer Science. Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students who show the greatest potential for leadership in the field of computer science. A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in the 2015-2016 academic year http://www.webucator.com/scholarships/index.cfm . Applications must be received by March 31, 2015.
∗ These scholarships are being offered by local and national community organizations. South Puget Sound Community College is providing this list as a service to our students but does not endorse any given organization.