Outside or External Scholarship Opportunities
Cascade Restoration Services will give back to Washington state by awarding a $1000 scholarship to students pursuing their post-secondary education at a state of Washington college or trade school. We believe by encouraging students to advance their education beyond high school we can improve our state as these individuals enter the workforce, better educated and better prepared to give back to their own local communities. See more at: http://cascaderestorationservices.com/scholarship Deadline is June 15, 2015
- City University of Seattle Transfer Scholarship. Scholarship valued at $10,800. Application information and directions available here
- Governors' Scholarship. The Washington State Governors’ Scholarship for Foster Youth helps young men and women from foster care continue their education and earn a college degree. The program has been supported by the current and former governors in Washington state. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 12, 2015, and has a March 9, 2015, deadline. Application information is available at here
- The Leadership 1000 Scholarship provides college scholarships to students who will be attending an eligible four-year college or university in Washington state. A Leadership 1000 Scholarship can be customized around a general set of requirements requested by the donor. This scholarship ranges from $2,000- $4,000 and is renewable for up to five years. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 12, 2015, and has a March 9, 2015, deadline.Application information is available here
- Veterans Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness Scholarship will be offering a $1,000 scholarship to students who are either seniors in high school or freshmen or sophomores in college. The scholarship is intended to help defray the costs of attending college. Children of Veterans are encouraged to apply, but a relationship to a Veteran is not necessary to win this scholarship. Scholarship information available at http://mesothelioma.net/scholarship-guidelines/ and applications are due on May 31,2015.
- A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship: Five $1000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology, physical or occupational therapy, speech pathology or long-term care administration. Deadline April 15, 2015. Essay topic and details found at www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
- Morris Udall Scholarship. This scholarship targets sophomore students who are committed to careers in tribal health, tribal public policy, or the environment. Applications are due February 25, 2015. Information to apply is available here
- The Washington State Opportunity Scholarship (WSOS) supports low- and middle-income students pursuing eligible, high-demand majors in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) or health care. This scholarship ranges from $2,500-$7,500 and is renewable up to five years based on credits completed and continued eligibility. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 5, 2015, and has a March 2, 2015 deadline. Additional information here
- WashBoard - The Washington Scholarship Coalition, comprised of public and private organizations has launched theWashBoard.org, to make it easier for Washington students to efficiently find and apply for relevant scholarship opportunities. www.washboard.org
- Webucator Scholarships for Computer Science Students. Webucator's Scholarships aim to support students who are studying Computer Science. Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students who show the greatest potential for leadership in the field of computer science. A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in the 2015-2016 academic year http://www.webucator.com/scholarships/index.cfm . Applications must be received by March 31, 2015.
∗ These scholarships are being offered by local and national community organizations. South Puget Sound Community College is providing this list as a service to our students but does not endorse any given organization.