Outside or External Scholarship Opportunities
- American Welding Society is dedicated to meeting the needs for education and research in the field of welding and related joining technologies. Online application and information available at www.scholarships.aws.org
- Building Industry Scholarship. The Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) is proud to announce the BIAW/Mackenzie Cowell Memorial Scholarship is available to assist and encourage workforce training in the construction industry. Scholarships are due May 9th. More information is available here.
- City University of Seattle Transfer Scholarship. Scholarship valued at $10,800. Application information and directions available here
- Friends of the Olympia Farmer's Market Scholarship is intended to grant college tuition funds and supplement college costs to local individuals, who intend concentrate their education in one of the following fields of study: agricultural sustainability, organic farming/ranching or sustainable ecosystems within the South Sound Region of Western Washington. Scholarship is due April 30, 2014. Application information is available at http://www.farmers-market.org/scholarships/
- MassMutual Scholarship. This scholarship provides scholarship opportunities to undergraduate students who are pursuing a career in the insurance and financial services industry. Scholarship applications are due on May 2, 2014. More information here.
- A Place for Mom. This scholarship will award $1,000 scholarships to five students enrolled in an associate's, bachelor's, or graduate level program in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology, or long-term care adminstration. Deadline is April 30, 2014. Application information available at www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
- Silme Domingo & Gene Viernes Scholarship in Labor Studies is a $5,500 scholarship for students entering or transferring into the University of Washington. This scholarship is awarded yearly to students who are committed to the principles of justice and equality and have demonstrated financial need. Application is due May 19, 2014. More information available here
- Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship. This scholarship was created to help provide educational opportunities for future generation of scientists. Six scholarships totally $40,000 available. Scholarship application are due on August 1, 2014. Additional information here
- Washington State Business and Professional Women's Foundation Educational Scholarships. Scholarship is due on May 1, 2014. Application and information available at www.bpwwa.org , click on Foundation and then Scholarship applications.
- Washington State Home and Community Educators- Women in Transition Scholarship. Four $1,000 scholarships available for woman, 25 and older, who have a defined plan to continue their education to improve the possibilites for advancement or train for a new career. Scholarship is due on May 1, 2014 and more information available here.
∗ These scholarships are being offered by local and national community organizations. South Puget Sound Community College is providing this list as a service to our students but does not endorse any given organization.