Outside or External Scholarship Opportunities
- American Welding Society is dedicated to meeting the needs for education and research in the field of welding and related joining technologies. Online application and information available at www.scholarships.aws.org
- The Association of Washington Community and Techincal College Adminstrators and Exempt Staff. This scholarship is intended to support community and technical college graduates who will continue their acadmic studies. The scholarship is worth $1,200 and is due May 12th. More information is available here at https://sbctc.instructure.com/courses/962721/wiki/building-our-future-scholarship
- Building Industry Scholarship. The Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) is proud to announce the BIAW/Mackenzie Cowell Memorial Scholarship is available to assist and encourage workforce training in the construction industry. Scholarships are due May 9th. More information is available here.
- City University of Seattle Transfer Scholarship. Scholarship valued at $10,800. Application information and directions available here
- MassMutual Scholarship. This scholarship provides scholarship opportunities to undergraduate students who are pursuing a career in the insurance and financial services industry. Scholarship applications are due on May 2, 2014. More information here.
- Silme Domingo & Gene Viernes Scholarship in Labor Studies is a $5,500 scholarship for students entering or transferring into the University of Washington. This scholarship is awarded yearly to students who are committed to the principles of justice and equality and have demonstrated financial need. Application is due May 19, 2014. More information available here
- Thermo Scientific Pierce Scholarship. This scholarship was created to help provide educational opportunities for future generation of scientists. Six scholarships totally $40,000 available. Scholarship application are due on August 1, 2014. Additional information here
- Washington State Business and Professional Women's Foundation Educational Scholarships. Scholarship is due on May 1, 2014. Application and information available at www.bpwwa.org , click on Foundation and then Scholarship applications.
- Washington State Home and Community Educators- Women in Transition Scholarship. Four $1,000 scholarships available for woman, 25 and older, who have a defined plan to continue their education to improve the possibilites for advancement or train for a new career. Scholarship is due on May 1, 2014 and more information available here.
- Washington Women in Need (WWIN) is a nonprofit organization that provides education and health care grants to low-income women in the state of Washington to help them improve their lives. Prospective applicants should visit the WWIN website for additional information and to submit an application. Applications are due on May 30th.
- Zonta Club of Olympia- Jane Klausman Scholarship. This scholarship provides support for women pursuing degrees in business leading to a business management career and demonstrating outstanding potential in the field. The winning applicant will receive $1,000 and a chance to compete for additional scholarships within Zonta District 8 and international levels. This scholarship is due on May 31st. Information to apply available here
∗ These scholarships are being offered by local and national community organizations. South Puget Sound Community College is providing this list as a service to our students but does not endorse any given organization.