Outside or External Scholarship Opportunities
- The ALL USA Scholarship. Two students will be nominated from SPSCC campus to be an ALL USA Scholar. This will include a $250 scholarship as well as transfer scholarships to four year colleges in Washington State. Applications are due on November 19, 2014. Click here for additional information.
- Cascade Restoration Services will give back to Washington state by awarding a $1000 scholarship to students pursuing their post-secondary education at a state of Washington college or trade school. We believe by encouraging students to advance their education beyond high school we can improve our state as these individuals enter the workforce, better educated and better prepared to give back to their own local communities. See more at: http://cascaderestorationservices.com/scholarship Deadline is June 15, 2015
- City University of Seattle Transfer Scholarship. Scholarship valued at $10,800. Application information and directions available here
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Scholarship provides the largest private scholarship for 2-year community college transfer students in the country. The scholarship is valued at $40,000 per year! Application information is available at http://www.jkcf.org/scholarship-programs/undergraduate-transfer/how-to-apply/ and are due due on December 2, 2014
- A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship: Five $1000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology, physical or occupational therapy, speech pathology or long-term care administration. Deadline April 15, 2015. Essay topic and details found at www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
- Soroptimist International of Olympia, a professional women’s organization that annually offers a Live Your Dreams scholarship in the amount up to $1850 for a woman to obtain skills-training and/or education to improve her employment status. Scholarship is due November 15, 2014. Click here for application materials and then here for reference forms.
- Washington Women in Need Scholarship is a nonprofit organization that provides education and health care grants to low-income women in Washington State to help them improve their lives. This fall, WWIN will make 47 Education Grants to women from across Washington state. Grantees will receive up to $5,000 over a one-year period, which can be used for tuition, mandatory fees, and required books and supplies. Application information available at http://wwin.org/eligibility/ Applications are due on October 31, 2014
- WashBoard - The Washington Scholarship Coalition, comprised of public and private organizations has launched theWashBoard.org, to make it easier for Washington students to efficiently find and apply for relevant scholarship opportunities. www.washboard.org
∗ These scholarships are being offered by local and national community organizations. South Puget Sound Community College is providing this list as a service to our students but does not endorse any given organization.