Outside or External Scholarship Opportunities
Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) Scholarship- BIAW is pleased to announce it will offer $15,000 in scholarship awards to Washington state students pursuing an education in the homebuilding industry or related fields. Application information available at http://www.biaw.com . Deadline is May 8, 2015.
Caring.com Scholarship (a leading senior care website with three million monthly visitors) is going to make things a bit easier for three (3) university students by awarding each $1,500 for tuition and/or books, based on their compelling essay or video application submissions. The deadline to apply is May 31; and more info is here (and in summary below): https://www.caring.com/scholarship.
Cascade Restoration Services will give back to Washington state by awarding a $1000 scholarship to students pursuing their post-secondary education at a state of Washington college or trade school. We believe by encouraging students to advance their education beyond high school we can improve our state as these individuals enter the workforce, better educated and better prepared to give back to their own local communities. See more at: http://cascaderestorationservices.com/scholarship Deadline is June 15, 2015
- Century Link Scholarship. Enter to win $1,000 to contribute to your education bills. All you have to do is write and submit an original blog post to the following prompt: The Internet has increased my awareness of ____________ and this is how. Scholarship information is available at http://www.centurylinkinternetservice.com/internet-scholarship.html . Deadline is April 24, 2015.
- City University of Seattle Transfer Scholarship. Scholarship valued at $10,800. Application information and directions available here
- Internet and Education Scholarship. Create an original infographic showing how technology enhances learning. Make sure your infographic is original and factual (and cite your sources). Scholarship information available at http://www.attsavings.com/scholarship. Deadline is June 17, 2015.
- Northwest Journalists of Color Scholarship- For nearly 30 years, the Northwest Journalists of Color have coordinated scholarships for aspiring journalists of color. The NJC’s members belong to the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA), Black Journalists Association of Seattle (BJAS), National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) and the Native American Journalists Association (NAJA). In 2006 NJC established an endowment to support scholarships. Since 1983, the NJC
and AAJA have given more than $150,000 in scholarships. Scholarship information is available here and due no later than May 3, 2015
- Veterans Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness Scholarship will be offering a $1,000 scholarship to students who are either seniors in high school or freshmen or sophomores in college. The scholarship is intended to help defray the costs of attending college. Children of Veterans are encouraged to apply, but a relationship to a Veteran is not necessary to win this scholarship. Scholarship information available at http://mesothelioma.net/scholarship-guidelines/ and applications are due on May 31,2015.
- Zonta Club of Olympia is offering the Jane M. Klausman (JMK) Women in Business leading to a business management career and demonstrating outstanding potential in the field are eligible. Please check the following link for complete information about this wonderful program...eligibility requirements, application process, and how funds may be used: http://www.zontadistrict8.org/index.php/what-we-do/scholarships/ . Application deadline is May 15, 2015.
- WashBoard - The Washington Scholarship Coalition, comprised of public and private organizations has launched theWashBoard.org, to make it easier for Washington students to efficiently find and apply for relevant scholarship opportunities. www.washboard.org
∗ These scholarships are being offered by local and national community organizations. South Puget Sound Community College is providing this list as a service to our students but does not endorse any given organization.