Outside or External Scholarship Opportunities
Barry Goldwater Scholarship. This scholarship is targeting those students intending to transfer to a four-year institution in 2015-16 and who intend to pursue research careers in mathematics, the natural sciences, or engineering. The scholarship is a two year scholarship worth up to $7,500 per year. Application information available here Applicatons are due on January 12, 2015.
Cascade Restoration Services will give back to Washington state by awarding a $1000 scholarship to students pursuing their post-secondary education at a state of Washington college or trade school. We believe by encouraging students to advance their education beyond high school we can improve our state as these individuals enter the workforce, better educated and better prepared to give back to their own local communities. See more at: http://cascaderestorationservices.com/scholarship Deadline is June 15, 2015
- City University of Seattle Transfer Scholarship. Scholarship valued at $10,800. Application information and directions available here
- Dentistry Scholarship by 1Dental.com has created a $1,000 scholarship to a a dental student to go towards 2015 Spring Semester. Application information at http://www.1dental.com/scholarship and due on December 21, 2014.
- Governors' Scholarship. The Washington State Governors’ Scholarship for Foster Youth helps young men and women from foster care continue their education and earn a college degree. The program has been supported by the current and former governors in Washington state. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 12, 2015, and has a March 9, 2015, deadline. Application information is available at here
- The Leadership 1000 Scholarship provides college scholarships to students who will be attending an eligible four-year college or university in Washington state. A Leadership 1000 Scholarship can be customized around a general set of requirements requested by the donor. This scholarship ranges from $2,000- $4,000 and is renewable for up to five years. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 12, 2015, and has a March 9, 2015, deadline.Application information is available here
- A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship: Five $1000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology, physical or occupational therapy, speech pathology or long-term care administration. Deadline April 15, 2015. Essay topic and details found at www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
- The Washington State Opportunity Scholarship (WSOS) supports low- and middle-income students pursuing eligible, high-demand majors in science, technology, engineering, math (STEM) or health care. This scholarship ranges from $2,500-$7,500 and is renewable up to five years based on credits completed and continued eligibility. The 2015-16 application opens Jan. 5, 2015, and has a March 2, 2015 deadline. Additional information here
- WashBoard - The Washington Scholarship Coalition, comprised of public and private organizations has launched theWashBoard.org, to make it easier for Washington students to efficiently find and apply for relevant scholarship opportunities. www.washboard.org
- Webucator Scholarships for Computer Science Students. Webucator's Scholarships aim to support students who are studying Computer Science. Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students who show the greatest potential for leadership in the field of computer science. A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded in the 2015-2016 academic year http://www.webucator.com/scholarships/index.cfm . Applications must be received by March 31, 2015.
∗ These scholarships are being offered by local and national community organizations. South Puget Sound Community College is providing this list as a service to our students but does not endorse any given organization.