Outside or External Scholarship Opportunities
Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) Scholarship- BIAW is pleased to announce it will offer $15,000 in scholarship awards to Washington state students pursuing an education in the homebuilding industry or related fields. Application information available at http://www.biaw.com . Deadline is May 8, 2015.
Caring.com Scholarship (a leading senior care website with three million monthly visitors) is going to make things a bit easier for three (3) university students by awarding each $1,500 for tuition and/or books, based on their compelling essay or video application submissions. The deadline to apply is May 31; and more info is here (and in summary below): https://www.caring.com/scholarship.
Cascade Restoration Services will give back to Washington state by awarding a $1000 scholarship to students pursuing their post-secondary education at a state of Washington college or trade school. We believe by encouraging students to advance their education beyond high school we can improve our state as these individuals enter the workforce, better educated and better prepared to give back to their own local communities. See more at: http://cascaderestorationservices.com/scholarship Deadline is June 15, 2015
- City University of Seattle Transfer Scholarship. Scholarship valued at $10,800. Application information and directions available here
- Donald D. Frizzell Scholarship This scholarship is named in memory of Donaldson D. Frizzell, former First Command Educational Foundation (FCEF) President and former First Command Financial Services Director of Investments, whose dedication to serving others and contributions to the field force spanned three decades. The scholarship is open to; members of the U.S. uniformed services (active, guard, reserve, and retired) and their spouses and dependents, First Command Financial Services’ clients and their families, dependent family members of First Command Advisors and field office staff members, and non-contractual ROTC students. Application information is available here and due on April 2, 2015 or until FCEF receives 500 applications, whichever comes first.
- Evalyn Poff Memorial Scholarship. The Thurston County Democrats are offering four $1,000 scholarships to college-bound students from Thurston County. Application must be submitted online through the www.washboard.org Application deadline is April 17, 2015.
- Harstine Island Women's Club & Chase Memorial Scholarship. The Harstine Island Women’s Club is accepting scholarship applications from Harstine Island residents of any age graduating from or having graduated from an accredited High School or who have obtained a diploma from an accredited High School program by August 2015. Applications are due on April 13, 2015. Additional Information here and application available here
- Next Step Scholarship- This scholarship highlights our top students at SPSCC who plan to transfer to the University of Washington, Tacoma campus. This is a two year scholarship valued at $12,000! Additional information is available here and applications are due no later than April 7, 2015.
- Northwest Journalists of Color Scholarship- For nearly 30 years, the Northwest Journalists of Color have coordinated scholarships for aspiring journalists of color. The NJC’s members belong to the Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA), Black Journalists Association of Seattle (BJAS), National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) and the Native American Journalists Association (NAJA). In 2006 NJC established an endowment to support scholarships. Since 1983, the NJC
and AAJA have given more than $150,000 in scholarships. Scholarship information is available here and due no later than May 3, 2015.
- A Place for Mom Senior Care Innovation Scholarship: Five $1000 scholarships available to students enrolled in an associate’s, bachelor’s, or graduate level program at an accredited school in the fields of gerontology, medicine, nursing, social work, sociology, psychology, physical or occupational therapy, speech pathology or long-term care administration. Deadline April 15, 2015. Essay topic and details found at www.aplaceformom.com/scholarship
- Veterans Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness Scholarship will be offering a $1,000 scholarship to students who are either seniors in high school or freshmen or sophomores in college. The scholarship is intended to help defray the costs of attending college. Children of Veterans are encouraged to apply, but a relationship to a Veteran is not necessary to win this scholarship. Scholarship information available at http://mesothelioma.net/scholarship-guidelines/ and applications are due on May 31,2015.
- Zonta Club of Olympia is offering the Jane M. Klausman (JMK) Women in Business leading to a business management career and demonstrating outstanding potential in the field are eligible. Please check the following link for complete information about this wonderful program...eligibility requirements, application process, and how funds may be used: http://www.zontadistrict8.org/index.php/what-we-do/scholarships/ . Application deadline is May 15, 2015.
- WashBoard - The Washington Scholarship Coalition, comprised of public and private organizations has launched theWashBoard.org, to make it easier for Washington students to efficiently find and apply for relevant scholarship opportunities. www.washboard.org
∗ These scholarships are being offered by local and national community organizations. South Puget Sound Community College is providing this list as a service to our students but does not endorse any given organization.