American Indian Students

American Indian students who meet the following two conditions are eligible to pay resident tuition at colleges and universities in Washington State:

  • For a period of one year immediately prior to enrollment at a state institution of higher education, students must have been domiciled in one or a combination of the following states: Idaho, Montana, Oregon, or Washington.
  • Students must be a member of one of the federally recognized Indian tribes, as determined under Title 25 of the Code of Federal Regulations (25CFR), whose traditional and customary tribal boundaries included portions of the state of Washington, or whose tribe was granted reserved lands within the state of Washington.

If you qualify under these conditions, please complete the Resident Tuition for American Indian Students form.


Enrollment Services
One-Stop Building 22
Phone: 360-596-5241
Fax: 360-596-5709


Fall, Winter, Spring
7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. / Mon, Tues, Thurs
7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. / Wed
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. / Fri
7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. / Mon-Thurs
Closed on Fridays

Submit Information:

The Residence Questionnaire and supporting documentation should be submitted in person to the Enrollment Services office in Building 25. Bring original documents. Copies made by students are not acceptable.