To apply for a change in residence classification:
- Complete and print the Residence Questionnaire.
- Return the completed original Residence Questionnaire (we cannot accept photocopies or faxes) to our office along with original supporting documents (copies of original documents will be made by the staff at our office; copies made by students are not acceptable).
- Review can take 7 to 10 business days. Contacting our office to ask about your file decreases the time available to our limited staff for processing paperwork. Please help our staff process files in a timely fashion by waiting 10 business days before inquiring about the status of your paperwork.
- To be effective for the current quarter, the deadline to submit the Residence Questionnaire and/or all required documentation is the 30th calendar day of the quarter. For questionnaires and/or documentation submitted after the 30th calendar day of the current quarter, approved residency changes will not take effect until the next quarter.
Please note: Once the application and its contents have been submitted, it becomes the property of South Puget Sound Community College and will not be returned to students. The College keeps the documentation in a high security vault for 7 years (for records and auditing purposes) and destroys the files after that time period. It is suggested students make copies for themselves in case they need it for future references.
Other Application Forms
- Active Duty Military/Dependents and Washington National Guard: Resident Tuition for Active Duty Military and Washington National Guard Personnel
- American Indian Students: Resident Tuition for American Indian Students
- HB 1079 Students: Washington Higher Education Residency Affidavit
All forms in this section are PDF documents that can be opened with Adobe Acrobat. If you need a copy of the software, you can download a free copy of Acrobat Reader from the Adobe website.