Financially Dependent Student

Students who are financially dependent upon parents or legal guardians (provide court documentation verifying the guardianship is valid) must provide documentation to prove their parents/legal guardians have established a bona fide domicile in the state of Washington. Students must also provide documentation to show they are dependents claimed by the parents/legal guardians on the most recent U.S. Federal Income Tax return.

Students whose parents or legal guardians are either divorced or legally separated may be classified as residents if the following conditions are met:

  • The students are claimed as a dependent on the most recent U.S. Federal Income Tax return by one of the parents/legal guardians.
  • At least one parent or legal guardian has established a bona fide domicile in the State of Washington.

The students and parents/legal guardians will then fill out the Residence Questionnaire (essentially, students will complete the first page and the parents/legal guardians will do the second). All of the required documentation will be from the parents/legal guardians, not from the students.


Enrollment Services
One-Stop Building 22
Phone: 360-596-5241
Fax: 360-596-5709


Fall, Winter, Spring
7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. / Mon, Tues, Thurs
7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. / Wed
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. / Fri
7:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. / Mon-Thurs
Closed on Fridays

Submit Information:

The Residence Questionnaire and supporting documentation should be submitted in person to the Enrollment Services office in Building 25. Bring original documents. Copies made by students are not acceptable.