Special Admissions are programs that have requirements above and beyond the regular college application process. Each applicant must complete the college’s application process as well as submit an application for each program. Each program also has specific deadlines and procedures that if not followed, admission to the program will be denied. Please be sure to read the directions thoroughly to ensure that your application is completed properly. If you require assistance with the process make sure to contact the Special Admissions Program Coordinator at (360) 596-5282.
The Dental Assisting program begins taking applications on December 1st.
- Completion of the Dental Assisting Application by April 1st
- Payment of the non-refundable $25.00 application fee
- Successfully complete basic skill courses in writing, reading and math
- Hepatitis B Immunization
- Tuberculosis Test
- First Aid/CPR Certification
Applications for this program are accepted as early as December 1st of each year. In addition to the college application this program requires applicants to successfully complete:
- Fire and Emergency Services Technology (FEST) Application
- College Level in the Three Basic Skills or Complete Equivalent Courses
- Apply Early for Priority Consideration
- Graduation from High School or GED Completion
- Attendance at an Orientation Information Session
- Physical agility test
- Drug screening
- Background check
- Doctor’s medical examination
South Puget Sound Community College is redesigning its Nursing Program to better meet the demands of the industry and to serve the needs of students and the community. The college is not yet accepting applications for the 2014-2015 academic year.