Prior Learning Assessment
If you have knowledge and skills gained through life or work experience or if you placed below the minimum score for the Advanced Placement (AP) test, you may want to pursue Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) credits.
To apply for PLA follow these steps:
- APPLY for admission. You can apply online at the Web Admissions Center, or in person within building 25 at Enrollment Services.
- SUBMIT the completed PLA application.
- Students must enroll in and complete at least 15 college level credits with a minimum GPA of 2.00 at South Puget Sound before any credit covered by this program is accepted.
- A $50 per credit fee will be applied
- A total of 25 quarter credits will be granted between CALE and PLA evaluations.
- For all degree programs students must complete the last 15 quarter credits, or 30 of the last 45 credits, at South Puget Sound Community College.