Credit Transfer Procedure
Follow these steps to complete your Transfer of Credit packet:
- APPLY for admission. You can apply online at the Web Admissions Center, or in person within building 25 at Enrollment Services.
- REQUEST official sealed copies of all previous college transcripts to be sent directly to you. Do not submit the completed Application for Transfer of Credits form unless you have all requested transcripts prepared and ready to be evaluated.
Some schools will only send official transcripts directly to the receiving college. If such an instance arises, inform the Enrollment Services office and they will hold your Transfer of Credit packet for the maximum of two weeks in order for college transcripts to arrive.
Please Note: Transcripts more than 10 years old must be accompanied by course descriptions from the college catalog corresponding to the years you attended. Contact your previous colleges to obtain the course descriptions.
- SUBMIT the completed Application for Transfer of Credits to the Enrollment Services office. The evaluation takes 6-8 weeks, and the results are mailed to you. Financial Aid receives a copy of all completed evaluations. Questions regarding the completed evaluation may be directed to the Credentials Evaluators in Enrollment Services at .
- Courses will only be accepted from colleges accredited by one of the regional Associations of Schools and Colleges. The one exception is nursing courses applied to the Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Grades for courses more than ten years old must be "C" (2.0) or better and will not be accepted if course work was for technical education which is now outdated.
- Grades accepted for courses less than ten years old must average 2.0 or better, unless the program requires a "C", "B" or better in each course.
If you have experience or credits from non-accredited colleges, you may want to pursue other credit alternatives such as course waivers, substitutions, advanced standing, Tech Prep or Credit for Alternative Learning Experience (CALE). In these cases, contact your program advisor. If you do not have a program advisor, contact the Advising Center at (360) 596-5241 or email .
Learn more about transferring credit from South Puget Sound Community College to another college and transfer events at Transfer Services.
Information for transfer in the state of Washington
- WA State Achievement Council
- Transfer Pathways
- Transfer Rights and Responsibilities
- WA State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
- WA State Community and Technical Colleges Inter-College Reciprocity Policy
- List of Washington 45 freshman-level transfer courses