Transfer of Credit

If you have transcripts from an accredited college, Advanced Placement (AP) credits, or International Baccalaureate (IB) credits, follow these steps to have your credits officially evaluated:

  1. APPLY for admission. You can apply online at the Web Admissions Center, or in person within building 25 at Enrollment Services.
  1. REQUEST official sealed copies of all previous college transcripts to be sent directly to you. Do not submit the completed Application for Transfer of Credits form unless you have all requested transcripts prepared and ready to be evaluated.
    Some schools will only send official transcripts directly to the receiving college. If such an instance arises, inform the Enrollment Services office and they will hold your Transfer of Credit packet for the maximum of two weeks in order for college transcripts to arrive.
    Please Note:
    Transcripts more than 10 years old must be accompanied by course descriptions from the college catalog corresponding to the years you attended. Contact your previous colleges to obtain the course descriptions.
  1. SUBMIT the completed Application for Transfer of Credits to the Enrollment Services office. The evaluation takes 6-8 weeks, and the results are mailed to you. Financial Aid receives a copy of all completed evaluations. Questions regarding the completed evaluation may be directed to the Credentials Evaluators in Enrollment Services at .
  • Courses will only be accepted from colleges accredited by one of the regional Associations of Schools and Colleges. The one exception is nursing courses applied to the Associate Degree in Nursing.
  • Grades for courses more than ten years old must be "C" (2.0) or better and will not be accepted if course work was for technical education, which is now outdated.
  • Grades accepted for courses less than ten years old must average 2.0 or better, unless the program requires a "C", "B" or better in each course.
  • For all degree programs students must complete the last 15 quarter credits, or 30 of the last 45 credits, at South Puget Sound Community College.
  • You can use the following conversion tool to see how your AP or IB credits will transfer: AP Credits, IB Credits


Advising Center
Building 22 Room 210
(360) 596-5241

Learn More

Learn more about transferring credit from South Puget Sound Community College to another college and transfer events at Transfer Services.

Transfer Guide

Information for transfer in the state of Washington

Prior Learning Shortcuts