Credit Transfer Process

Not sure which transfer of credit application to complete?
Find the type of credits you have in the following menu to see which process to follow:

    Advanced Placement (AP) scores - Transfer of Credit form
  • You can use the following conversion tool to see how your AP credits will transfer: LINK to AP Credits
  • Note: If you placed below the cutoff scores to receive AP credits, you may still qualify for credits through the Prior Learning Assessment process (PLA). Click here to view the application process: PLA

    College Level Examination Program (CLEP) scores - PLA
  • CLEP is accepted if you scored above the 50th percentile.

    Formal training experience - CALE form
  • Example: You have completed an Excel training course at your job, with documented hours, and would like to get credit for an Excel class at SPSCC.

    International Baccalaureate (IB) credits - Transfer of Credit form
  • You can use the following conversion tools to see how your IB credits will transfer: LINK to IB Credits

    Life experience - PLA
  • Example: Music is your passion -- you have taught yourself how to read music, sing, and play multiples instruments and would like to get credit for a Music class at SPSCC.

    On the job experience - PLA
  • Example: You have owned a small business for five years, without formal business education, and would like to get credit for two different business classes at SPSCC.

    Other High School Dual Credit
  • College in the High School
  • Algebra II - SPSCC Intermediate Algebra equivalency
  • Tech Prep credits from another college

    Professional certificate program - CALE form
  • Example: You completed a Red Cross Certified First Aid/CPR training program

Transcripts from an accredited college - Transfer of Credit form

Transcripts from a non-accredited college - CALE form


Advising Center
Building 22 Room 210
(360) 596-5241

Learn More

Learn more about transferring credit from South Puget Sound Community College to another college and transfer events at Transfer Services.

Transfer Guide

Information for transfer in the state of Washington

Prior Learning Shortcuts