Welcome to South Puget Sound Community College! Before registering for classes you must complete the following steps. Failure to complete these steps will limit you from being able to successfully register for classes:
1. Apply to South Puget Sound Community College
In order to access services as a student at SPSCC you must have a student ID number. Your student ID number is assigned after you have applied for admission to SPSCC. Want to meet with someone to talk about how to get started at SPSCC? Schedule a New student pre-registration appointment. We will walk you through the process from applying to registering for your first quarter!
2. Activate your Office 365 account This will create a @my.spscc.edu email address for you and is the official communication pathway to students from the college. You will receive an email with set up instructions once your admissions application has been processed to the email address you listed on your admissions application. Please monitor your junk mail or spam mail folder as many times this email will end up there.
3.Apply for Financial Aid
If you plan on accessing federal financial aid you will need to complete the financial aid process. Since it takes time to receive your award letter we suggest you apply early. You do not have to pay for classes at the time of registration unless it is past tuition due date. You may not know your financial aid award amount before registering for classes. Need help filling out your FAFSA? Attend a FAFSA workshop.
4. Submit Official Transcripts
You are required to submit official transcripts from any college or university if you plan to bring in the credit toward your degree at SPSCC. If you want to meet with someone prior to registration for an unofficial review, please make a Transfer in Student appointment.
5. Take the College Placement Test (CPTS)
You will need to take the CPTS if you do not have transcripts from another college showing math and English course completion. If you took your placement test at another Washington Community College within the past year you can submit your placement results for Placement Reciprocity.
6. Attend New Student Registration Lab
New students to South Puget Sound Community College go through Registration Lab which is where we show you how to use the online tools to select your courses and then register for the upcoming quarter.