Tuition and Refund Policy
Students are not officially registered for classes until all tuition and fees are paid.
You are required to pay for any classes for which you have registered. You must drop any unwanted classes by the official drop deadline to avoid financial responsibility for those classes. If you do not withdraw or drop classes by the prescribed deadline, you will be responsible for payment. You should not attend a class for which you are not registered. View the Admission/Registration Calendar for the important drop deadlines.
Students repeating a course after the third time will be required to pay the full cost of the course (Non-Resident/International Rate) for any additional repeat attempts regardless of their residency.
You can drop or withdraw from classes by completing an Add/Drop form and either coming to Enrollment Services (Building 22), or scanning and e-mailing an Add/Drop form to .
- Tuition and student fees are due by the dates listed below.
- Classes registered for after the tuition due date must be paid within 24 business hours after the time of registration.
The Cashier’s office must be notified of tuition and fees being paid by any third party (i.e. organization/agency, private/alternative student loan, scholarship, non-profit agency, state agency or financial institution) by contacting the Cashier’s office at (360) 596-5265 to avoid being dropped from your classes.
You may verify that payment has been made by viewing your quarterly class schedule. Payment details post at the bottom of your schedule.
IF TUITION IS NOT PAID BY THE TUITION DUE DATE, YOU MAY BE DROPPED FROM YOUR CLASSES.
Tuition Due Dates
- Summer Quarter 2015 – June 9, 2015
- Fall Quarter 2015 – September 1, 2015
- Winter Quarter 2016 – December 15, 2015
- Spring Quarter 2016 – March 15, 2016
A student must officially withdraw from a class to receive a refund. Refunds take five to ten business days to process.
Note: Days are prorated for Summer Quarter and for classes with non-standard start/end dates. For Summer Quarter Refund and Withdrawal dates, refer to the Admission/Registration Calendar since those dates are different.
For Fall, Winter, and Spring quarters withdrawals are refunded as follows:
Web Registration ends at 9 PM on the 4th instructional day of the quarter (3rd instructional day of Summer Quarter).
All Add/Drop/Withdrawals must be done in person after the 4th instructional day of the quarter (3rd instructional day of Summer Quarter) or by email but will only be accepted if it’s sent from a student’s @my.spscc.edu email account.
- Withdrawals during the first five (5) instructional days of the quarter receive a 100% refund (4th instructional day of Summer Quarter).
- Withdrawals occurring from the sixth (6th) through the fifteenth (15th) instructional day of the quarter receive a 40% refund (5th through the 11th instructional day of Summer Quarter).
- Withdrawals occurring after the fifteenth (15th) instructional day of the quarter receive no refund. (After the 11th instructional day of Summer Quarter).
- Last day to Withdraw from Classes is the 40th instructional day of the quarter (30th instructional day of Summer Quarter).
Students receiving financial aid assistance must consult with prior to withdrawing. Students receiving Educational Benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs will have enrollment changes reported directly to the DVA.
Current deadlines for refunds are listed on the Admissions and Registrations Calendar.
Petition for Policy Exception (PPE)
To request that an exception to the withdrawal and/or refund policy be reviewed by the Enrollment Services staff, you will need to complete the Petition for Policy Exception (PPE) form. It can be approved only when the circumstance for the request is due to illness, death of an immediate family member, military service, hardship, or when there is documented evidence of institutional error (refer to the form for detailed exception categories).