Human Resources Office
Welcome to South Puget Sound College Human Resources
The Human Resources Department is committed to working with the diverse South Puget Sound Community College community in identifying and responding to its changing needs. We strive to provide leadership and guidance in the development, implementation, and equitable administration of college policies and procedures, to foster respect for others, pride in performance, and to create a positive work environment.
Human Resources Office Staff
Chief Human Resources Officer
Human Resource Consultant
Manager of Benefits and Compensation
Human Resources Office Assistant 3
Who to Contact
Human Resources (ext. 5500 or 5360):
- Hiring & Recruitment, New Employees, Labor Agreements
- TLR leave submissions reported by Admin/Exempt, FT Facuty and Classified employees.
- Compensatory time for Classified employees.
- Questions related to leave submissions (Such as: Vacation, Sick, Leave Without Pay, etc.) Some of your questions may be answered by review the information in the TLR User Guides, in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), or in the Faculty Agreement.
Payroll (ext. 5374):
- General Payroll questions
- Timesheets submitted by Part-Time Classified (Hourly) and Student employees.
- Overtime pay submissions reported by Classified, Part-Time Classified, and Student employees.
- Questions related to monetary pay submissions (Such as: Contracted Pay, Straight and Overtime Pay, etc.) Some of your questions may be answered by review the information in the TLR User Guides, in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), or in the Faculty Agreement.
Benefits (ext. 5433):
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Insurance, Retirement
- Shared leave requests, FMLA request, and L&I Claims.
- Sick Leave Buyout Payments
- Questions related to other types of leave (Such as: Shared Leave, Family and Medical Leave (FMLA), and L&I claims for Work-Related Injuries)
South Puget Sound Community College (SPSCC) is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons over 40 years of age, disabled and Vietnam era veterans and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. SPSCC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. SPSCC is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strongly encourage prospective employees to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status. South Puget Sound Community College is a drug-free workplace.
Summer hours begin the Monday after graduation and go through the Friday before fall quarter kickoff.
Mottman Campus will be open to the public: Monday - Thursday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm, closed Fridays.
Hawks Prairie Center Campus will be open to the public: Monday - Thursday 7:30 am - 7:00 pm; 7:30 am - 5:00pm Fridays.
Washington State Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
South Puget Sound Community College is committed to assisting our employees by offering Employee Assistance Program resources to help employees and their families cope and thrive through the financial and emotional challenges that we all face. The new EAP Resiliency Project uses the internet to provide you and your family with information and resources to find positive outcomes in difficult times. Please visit the EAP Resiliency Project website for more information and a comprehensive list of local community resources.
Employees can contact the EAP at any time for assistance. Using the service is no cost to the employee, and all contact is held confidential and is not reported to the employer.
For additional information or assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 360-596-5500; or contact the Employee Assistance Program directly at 360-753-3260 or toll free at 877-313-4455.