Supporting Student Success
South Puget Sound Community College’s mission is to support student success in postsecondary academic transfer and workforce education that responds to the needs of the South Sound region.
South Puget Sound Community College supports student success and builds prosperity by collaborating with leaders in industry, education, and our community to offer innovative, accessible, and affordable learning experiences. We employ devoted people who mirror the diversity of our community and contribute to an inclusive, welcoming environment. By investing in the creativity of our staff and faculty, we construct clear and compelling pathways that lead our students to successful outcomes on their educational journeys. We are fiscally strong and our mindful use of technology embedded in purposeful instruction helps students persist and achieve their academic goals. Our graduating class reflects the community we serve, and our students successfully transition from higher learning into the leaders and innovators of tomorrow.
- Pursues excellence – We use our resources responsibly and ethically in pursuit of excellence. We continuously improve our programs, services, and operations.
- Operates in an atmosphere of accountability and respect – We work cooperatively in taking on challenges, making good decisions, helping each other be successful, and promoting a respectful, open, and safe communication.
- Responds to and partners with the communities we serve – We continually monitor and are responsive to the community’s changing needs in an increasingly global economy. We seek opportunities for effective partnerships with community members, businesses, and organizations.
- Fosters inclusiveness at our campuses – We honor diversity and encourage compassion for individual expression. We promote inclusiveness and equity on our campus and in the community.
- Provides student-centered education – We facilitate student success by maximizing learning opportunities and reducing barriers. We provide resources to support students in achieving their goals.