If you have credits from non-accredited colleges or other formal training experience, you may want to pursue Credit for Alternative Learning (CALE).
The Credit for Alternative Learning Experience (CALE) program was designed to identify, articulate, and evaluate college-level learning acquired in non-college settings, such as military coursework, workshops, or on-the-job trainings. Credit toward degree programs may be awarded based on valid and reliable measurements of learning.
To apply for CALE, follow these steps:
- APPLY for admission. You can apply online at the Web Admissions Center, or in person within building 25 at Enrollment Services.
- SUBMIT the completed CALE application, along with documentation of coursework.
- Students must enroll in and complete at least 15 college level credits with a minimum GPA of 2.00 at South Puget Sound before any credit covered by this program is accepted.
- A $50 per credit fee will be applied after completed evaluation.
- A total of 25 quarter credits will be granted between CALE and PLA evaluations.
- For all degree programs students must complete the last 15 quarter credits, or 30 of the last 45 credits, at South Puget Sound Community College.
Building 22 Room 210
Learn more about transferring credit from South Puget Sound Community College to another college and transfer events at Transfer Services.
Information for transfer in the state of Washington
- WA State Achievement Council
- Transfer Pathways
- Transfer Rights and Responsibilities
- WA State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
- WA State Community and Technical Colleges Inter-College Reciprocity Policy
- List of Washington 45 freshman-level transfer courses