New Student Online Classroom
New Student Advising & Registration Online Classroom
Please follow the instructions below to successfully complete the New Student Advising and Registration (NSAR) class.
It is expected that before you go through this course you have
- Applied for admission to the college
- Taken the college placement test and/or had transcripts evaluated for English and Math placement, and
- Are comfortable with an online learning environment.
If these do not apply to you or you have questions about the online course, please come to one of our in-person NSAR sessions.
Once you have completed the course you will need to take the “Get My Pin” quiz. We will review your responses and will then be able to send your pin number and assign you an advisor. THIS PROCESS IS NOT AUTOMATED. A STAFF MEMBER MUST PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION AND IT MAY TAKE ONE TO TWO BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOU TO RECEIVE A RESPONSE WITH YOUR ADVISOR AND PIN.
Visit the Degrees and Certificates page on our website to find your program and have your Program Planning Guide available when viewing the orientation: Program Planning Guides
1. Click on the button below to go to the classroom
2. Begin by reading through the Welcome information on the first page then click “Let’s Get Started”
3. You will read through each page and then navigate using the buttons at the bottom of the page or clicking on the appropriate link
4. The classroom is designed to move you through based on the type of student you are- you may not go through all the pages! For example, if you new to college you would select the “I am new to college” link instead of the “I earned college credit somewhere else” link.
5. Read through each lesson and then submit the quiz at the end. Our expectation is that in order to be successful with online course registration, you receive at least an 80% on the quiz.
If you have questions please feel free to contact us at