Official and Unofficial Transcripts
Official and Unofficial Transcripts
A transcript is a complete record of a student's academic achievement at South Puget Sound Community College.
Ordering Official Transcripts Online – It is Quick and Easy!
- You can log in anytime, anywhere
- No more phone calls or waiting in line
- Sign consent form electronically
- No more mailing or faxing
South Puget Sound Community College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web to current and former students. There is a nominal fee of $2.25 for each transcript recipient. Beginning July 1, 2012 there will be a $3.00 charge for each transcript ordered as well. You can track your order online and receive e-mail confirmations of receipt, processing, and mailing. You can order transcripts using any major Visa or Master credit/debit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
Instructions for Requesting Transcripts Online:
- Access the National Student Clearinghouse secure site.
- Fill out the required information.
- Place your order and pay online using your Visa or Master credit/debit card. The National Student Clearinghouse charges $2.25, this is per recipient regardless of the number of transcripts sent to each recipient. Beginning July 1, 2012 there will be a $3.00 charge for each transcript ordered as well.
- Upload additional documents (scholarship applications, law school or nursing forms, resumes etc.) through the National Student Clearinghouse in ‘pdf’or ‘jpeg’ format only.
- Submit the consent form electronically to the Clearinghouse.
- Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online.
How Long Does it Take?
Transcript requests are processed in the order that they are received. Unless you have an outstanding financial obligation to South Puget Sound Community College or another hold on your records, requested transcripts are usually mailed in 3-5 business days. This does not include delivery time which will depend on where the transcripts are being sent and timeliness of the US Postal Service. Processing may take longer time during peak times (e.g., the beginning and end of each quarter).
Important: If you want current quarter grades to appear on your transcript, please wait until 2 weeks before the end of the quarter to turn in your request.
Transcripts will not be released to another party or institution without prior written consent of the student. Picture ID is required when picking up transcripts in person.
What if I Have an Outstanding Financial or Other Obligation with the College?
Access to your grades will be withheld if you have any financial or other obligations not fulfilled such as outstanding tuition and fees, fines, or for unreturned college property. If you submit a request for official transcripts and you have any outstanding obligations, we will contact you.
If you do not have a Visa or Master credit/debit card, you may order transcripts in person at the Enrollment Services Office – Building 25 - You will be able to pay the cashier for the transcripts you are requesting and turn in your Transcript Request Form and paid receipt.
GED transcripts and/or scores cannot be ordered online. To request your GED transcript and/or scores please contact the Testing Center at (360) 596-5238 or 596-5386
An unofficial transcript is an unsigned copy of your academic record and can be accessed online using your Student Identification Number (SID) and Global PIN (date of birth – mmddyy). If you do not know your SID, please refer to Obtaining SID.
Vote on Bus Pass Changes!We need your vote for changes to the Bus Pass Program.
eTutoringThe Western eTutoring Consortium provides free online tutoring in a range of subject areas to all currently enrolled SPSCC students.
Early Advantage ProgramA new partnership with South Puget Sound Community College and Brandman University.
Virtual Transfer Pathway
You can receive important alerts including late start information or campus closures by e-mail or text message on your phone. Click here for instructions.