Mission and Values
Supporting Student Success
South Puget Sound Community College’s mission is to support student success in postsecondary academic transfer and workforce education that responds to the needs of the South Sound region.
South Puget Sound Community College is recognized in the South Sound region for student success, active partnership in community development, and innovative use of technology to enhance learning.
- Pursues excellence – We use our resources responsibly and ethically in pursuit of excellence. We continuously improve our programs, services, and operations.
- Operates in an atmosphere of accountability and respect – We work cooperatively in taking on challenges, making good decisions, helping each other be successful, and promoting a respectful, open, and safe communication.
- Responds to and partners with the communities we serve – We continually monitor and are responsive to the community’s changing needs in an increasingly global economy. We seek opportunities for effective partnerships with community members, businesses, and organizations.
- Fosters inclusiveness at our campuses – We honor diversity and encourage compassion for individual expression. We promote inclusiveness and equity on our campus and in the community.
- Provides student-centered education – We facilitate student success by maximizing learning opportunities and reducing barriers. We provide resources to support students in achieving their goals.