Safe Zone Team Coordinator
Role of the Safe Zone Team Coordinator
The Safe Zone Team Coordinator facilitates appropriate services that are available for the victim or witness. These may include:
- Crisis counseling
- Appropriate medical referral
- Referral to Student Support Services to meet with a college counselor
- Providing advice on the college's complaint process and procedures
- Contacting the victim/person affected within 24 hours and encouraging them to seek assistance.
In addition, the Safe Zone Team Coordinator:
- Encourages person(s) affected to report the occurrence to law enforcement.
- Notifies the following offices, or others as appropriate and with the victim's consent, to the extent allowed by law: Vice President for Student Services (if incident involves a student, either as the victim or the perpetrator), Vice President for Human Resources (if incident involves an employee, either as the victim or the perpetrator), Student Support Services - Counseling, and International Student Services (if either the victim or the alleged offender is involved in that program)
- Maintains confidentiality, to the extent permitted by law.
- Provide statistical information and data to Public Safety as required under the Jeanne Clery Act (www.ed.gov/admins/lead/safety/campus.html)
Phone: (360) 754-7711 ext. 3235
(messages can be left anonymously)
Report FormBias Incident/Hate Crime Report Form (pdf)
- Bias Incident/Hate Crime reporting
- Safe Zone Program
- Role of the Safe Zone Team Coordinator
- Third Party Involvement
- Education for Prevention
Safe Zone Program