Degrees & Certificates
As a student at South Puget Sound Community College, you'll find a variety of options available as you design your program of study. You can learn skills to prepare you for employment in an occupational field, or complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree. The college offers basic skills courses to help improve reading, writing and math skills. Continuing Education and student-funded courses meet a variety of educational needs in the community. The breadth of programs we offer illustrates why we are called a "comprehensive community college."
Program Planning Guides
Associate in Arts - Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA)
The Associate in Arts program at South Puget Sound Community College enables you to complete the first two years of course work for a bachelor’s degree prior to transferring to a four-year college or university.
Associate in Biology - Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) / Major Related Program (MRP)
The Associate in Biology Degree is designed for persons interested in transferring to a four-year college or university.
Associate in Business - Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) / Major Related Program (MRP)
Those who take full advantage of this degree can use it as a stepping-stone into a four-year business school.
Associate in Nursing - Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) / Major Related Program (MRP)
Associate in Pre Nursing - Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) / Major Related Program (MRP)
Based on a state-wide transfer agreement, this pathway is applicable to students planning to prepare for upper division Bachelor of Science in Nursing and enter as a junior at most baccalaureate institutions in the State of Washington.
Associate in Science
An Associate in Science Degree at South Puget Sound Community College enables you to complete the lower-division prerequisites needed for transfer into upper division math and science classes at a four-year college or university.
Two study options are available under the Associate in Science Degree. Track 1 focuses on the biological sciences, environmental/resource sciences, chemistry, geology and earth science. Track 2 focuses on computer science, engineering, physics and atmospheric sciences.
Associate in Applied Science – T (AAS-T)
The Associate in Applied Science-T (AAS-T) is a professional-technical degree with a core of general education courses commonly accepted in transfer. In general, professional-technical degrees are not designed for transfer to other colleges or universities. However, several four-year colleges and universities have specific bachelor’s degree programs that accept the Associate in Applied Science-T (AAS-T) Degree.
- Computer Aided Drafting/Building Information Modeling AAS-T
- Computer Information Technology- Programming Emphasis AAS-T
- Culinary Arts AAS-T
- Early Childhood Education AAS-T
Associate in Applied Science Degrees and Certificates
We offer occupational training for gaining the skills and knowledge you need for direct employment or career advancement in business and industry.
Associate in Applied Science Degrees and/or certificates are offered in these areas:
- Accounting Clerk (Certificate)
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Computer Numerical Control Technician (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Automotive Technology
- Beginning Automotive Technology Certificate
- Intermediate Automotive Technology Certificate
- Advanced Automotive Technology Certificate
- Baking and Pastry Arts (Certificate)
- Business Administration
- Business Operations Coordinator (Certificate)
- Financial Services (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Computer Aided Drafting Technology/Building Information Modeling
- Architectural CAD (Certificate)
- Civil CAD (Certificate)
- Mechanical CAD (Certificate)
- (BIM) Building Information Modeling (Certificate)
- Computer Network Administration
- Network Administration Program
- Networking I (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Computer Programming
- Culinary Arts Program
- Culinary Arts Certificate
- Database Management
- Dental Assisting Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- State Initial Early Childhood Education Certificate
- State Short Early Childhood Education Certificate of Specialization:
- Infant and Toddler
- School Age Care
- Family Child Care
- State Early Childhood Education Certificate
- Fire and Emergency Services Technology
- Human Resource Assistant (Certificate)
- Information Technology Computer Support
- Computer Support I (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing Assistant (Certificate of Achievement)
- Practical Nursing (Certificate)
- Associate in Nursing
- Office Administration
- Administrative Assistant
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Clerk/Receptionist Customer Service Specialist (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Office Assistant (Certificate)
- Parenting Education (Certificate of Achievement)
- Phlebotomy (Certificate of Achievement)
- Retail Management (Certificate)
- Welding Technology
- Basic Welding Skills (Certificate of Achievement)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- General Education Courses for an Associate in Applied Science Degree.
Associate in General Studies
This two-year degree is for students who want to design their own programs. It provides flexibility for students to take courses that fit their lifestyles and interests.
The AGS degree is not designed to transfer to a four-year college or university.