As a student at South Puget Sound Community College, you'll find a variety of options available as you design your program of study. You can learn skills to prepare you for employment in an occupational field, or complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree. The college offers basic skills courses to help improve reading, writing and math skills. Continuing Education and student-funded courses meet a variety of educational needs in the community. The breadth of programs we offer illustrates why we are called a "comprehensive community college."
Program Planning Guides
Associate in Arts
The Associate in Arts program at South Puget Sound Community College enables you to complete the first two years of course work for a bachelor’s degree prior to transferring to a four-year college or university.
- Associate in Arts (pdf)
The college offers the Associate in Arts Degree with emphases in specific areas of study. The AA degree with an emphasis enables you to focus your first two years of course work on one of the following desciplines and complete a degree that is transferrable to a four-year college or university.
- Anthropology Emphasis (pdf)
- Criminal Justice Emphasis (pdf)
- Digital Media Emphasis (pdf)
- English Emphasis (pdf)
- Film Production Emphasis (pdf)
- Film Production Performance Emphasis (pdf)
- International Intercultural Studies Emphasis (pdf)
- Political Science-Economics Emphasis (pdf)
Associate in Science
An Associate in Science Degree at South Puget Sound Community College enables you to complete the lower-division prerequisites needed for transfer into upper division math and science classes at a four-year college or university.
Two study options are available under the Associate in Science Degree. Track 1 focuses on the biological sciences, environmental/resource sciences, chemistry, geology and earth science. Track 2 focuses on computer science, engineering, physics and atmospheric sciences.
Associate in Biology DTA/MRP
The Associate in Biology Degree is designed for persons interested in transferring to a four-year college or university.
Associate in Elementary Education DTA/MRP
The Associate in Elementary Education Direct Transfer Agreement/Major Related Program is designed for students planning to prepare for an upper division elementary education major. The program is designed to provide a better transfer for students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education programs in Washington state.
Associate in Pre Nursing MRP/DTA
Associate in Applied Science – T (AAS-T)
The Associate in Applied Science-T (AAS-T) is a professional-technical degree with a core of general education courses commonly accepted in transfer. In general, professional-technical degrees are not designed for transfer to other colleges or universities. However, several four-year colleges and universities have specific bachelor’s degree programs that accept the Associate in Applied Science-T (AAS-T) Degree.
- Computer Aided Drafting/Building Information Modeling AAS-T (pdf)
- Computer Information Technology-Programming Emphasis AAS-T (pdf)
- Computer Network Administration AAS-T (pdf)
- Culinary Arts AAS-T (pdf)
- Early Childhood Education AAS-T (pdf)
- Horticulture Technology AAS-T (pdf)
Associate in General Studies
This two-year degree is for students who want to design their own programs. It provides flexibility for students to take courses that fit their lifestyles and interests.
The AGS degree is not designed to transfer to a four-year college or university.
- Associate in Business (pdf)
- General Education Courses for an Associate in Applied Science Degree.
Associate in Applied Science Degrees and/or certificates are offered in these areas:
- Automotive Technology
- Beginning Automotive Technology Certificate
- Intermediate Automotive Technology Certificate
- Advanced Automotive Technology Certificate
- Baking and Pastry Arts (Certificate)
- Business Administration
- Business Operations Coordinator (Certificate)
- Financial Services (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Clerk/Receptionist (Customer Service Specialist) (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Computer Aided Drafting Technology/Building Information Modeling
- Architectural Drafting (Certificate)
- Civil Drafting (Certificate)
- Mechanical Drafting (Certificate)
- Building Information Modeling (Certificate)
- Geographic Information Systems (Certificate)
- Computerized Manufacturing Technology
- Computer Network Administration
- Computer Programming
- Web Design Certificate
- Culinary Arts Program
- Database Management
- Dental Assisting Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Initial Certificate
- Early Childhood Education (General) Certificate
- Infant-Toddler Care (Certificate)
- School-Age Care (Certificate)
- Family Child Care (Certificate)
- Administration (Certificate)
- Early Childhood Education State Certificate
- Fire and Emergency Services Technology
- Geographic Information Systems (Certificate)
- Horticulture Technology
- Landscape Horticulture Certificate
- Landscape Design Certificate
- Sustainable Plant Production Certificate
- Sustainable Small Scale Food Production Certificate
- Human Resource Assistant (Certificate)
- Medical Assisting
- Planning Guides for nursing degrees and certificates will be available following the program redesign.
- Nursing Assistant (Certificate of Achievement)
- Practical Nursing (Certificate)
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Office Administration
- Administrative Assistant
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Office Assistant (Certificate)
- Parenting Education (Certificate of Achievement)
- Phlebotomy (Certificate of Achievement)
- Retail Management (Certificate)
- Turfgrass Management
- Web Design (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Welding Technology
- Beginning Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Intermediate Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)
- Advanced Welding (Certificate of Proficiency)