Areas of Study

Areas of Study

Funded Programs

Get Training that Fits Your Life

Considering a career change or starting college? Out of work? Facing a Layoff?

You may qualify for employment and training services. Services range from financial support to help finding a job or retraining for a new career. You may be qualified for benefits that will help you to stay in school and/or pay for your education.

  • Workforce Investment Act (WA) Dislocated Worker can assist you with retraining and re-employment services. Dislocated Worker can assist you with short term or long term training.
  • Worker Retraining is designed to get you started or help you complete your studies in a Professional-Technical program. Worker Retraining may be available to supplement your other financial aid resources.

Who is eligible?

Eligibility involves a variety of factors. Qualifications include:

  • Drawing unemployment benefits
  • Facing lay-off, or unemployed and have exhausted your benefits
  • Self-employment (but have become unemployed because of natural disaster or general economic conditions in your community)

How do I find out more about long-term programs?

Contact the Dislocated Worker Program at WorkSource Thurston County for more information at (360) 570-4277. The first step is to attend a Dislocated Worker orientation held weekly at 1570 Irving St SW Tumwater, WA 98512.